- Ha Noi
The initiative is based on the "Right to the city" concept and will focus on environments that foster healthy childhood development in the broadest sense of this term i.e. including mental and physical capacities, social and psychological development and connectedness to community. Childhood obesity, physical inactivity, environmental design, child empowerment and the right to play and interact will be central themes.
- To bring a wide range of key stakeholders together.
- To critically discuss potential future approaches, discuss opportunities and to empower children in accordance with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- To test innovative and transformational approaches to key decision making.
- To identify and agree on tangible actions that may achieve effective outcomes for childhood obesity prevention and healthier environments for children and as a consequence for all generations.
- International Forum
- Empowerment of children
- Establishment of working collaborations across the Asia and Pacific on the suject matter
- Provide advice to governments and key stakeholders on the subject matter
- Collaborate with local partners on implementation of holistic play space concepts
- Engage in research and knowledge exchange with project partners
- number of synergies established meaningful collaboration between academia, governments, non governments sector as well as civil society
- number of play space concepts
- number of knowledge transfer between stakeholdes involved
- International Forum held
- Publication of findings with project partners
- number of training and professional development sessions held